|[Position Title]||Field Coordinator (USAID)|
|[Number of Vacancies]||1 vacancy|
|[Duty Station]|| ● Office based in Soja, Okayama Prefecture (subject to change)
● Frequent travel to Hiroshima, Kochi and other prefectures required
|[Duration and Start Date]||One year (extendable) and starting immediately|
|[Compensation]||● Salary in accordance with organization policy
● Full benefits in accordance with organization policy; other allowances commensurate with eligibility
|[Project Summary]||Peace Winds Japan (PWJ) is a non-governmental organization dedicated to the support of people in distress, and threatened by conflict, poverty, or other turmoil.
PWJ is currently recruiting for the position of Field Coordinator for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) projects in Japan under USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (formerly OFDA). The projects focus on raising DRR awareness and building the capacity of local emergency response actors to build disaster resilience at the municipal and community levels.
The Field Coordinator will work as part of the Program Team under the supervision of the Program Coordinator to support disaster preparedness efforts: coordinating DRR events and training sessions with beneficiaries; strengthening relationships with key stakeholders including local government and community leaders on issues of disaster preparedness; and building the capacity of local emergency response actors. The Field Coordinator will also assist with project monitoring and evaluation (M&E) to include data collection and analysis. This position will be based in Soja, Okayama Prefecture (subject to change) with frequent travel to various implementation areas.
|[Responsibilities]||● Responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of PWJ program activities
● Develop strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders including local governments, organizations, private sector, etc.
● Work with beneficiaries to identify areas for improvement in their disaster preparedness planning and capacity, develop relevant training materials, and coordinate DRR events/training sessions
● Conduct project M&E including data collection at each activity and analysis to track progress against indicators
● Perform budget monitoring, tracking expenditures, and closing monthly finance reports in close cooperation with the Finance & Administration Team
● Contribute to monthly, quarterly, and annual program progress reporting
● Represent PWJ at key stakeholder meetings
● Assist with developing PWJ’s DRR programming including improving program strategy, conducting beneficiary needs assessments, and identifying new target populations
● Comply with all PWJ and USAID rules and regulations
|[Required Qualifications and Experience]|| ● At least Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
● Native-level spoken and written Japanese
● Fluency in spoken and written English
● Demonstrated ability to work well with a diverse group of stakeholders and to develop and maintain relationships
● Demonstrated ability to convey data and findings in a concise, accessible, and visually compelling manner
● Demonstrated experience in monitoring & evaluation
● Strong ability to carry out work independently
● Excellent interpersonal, oral communications, and presentation skills
● Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
● Strong ability using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
|[Highly Desired Experience and Skills]|| ● Working knowledge and understanding of USAID rules and regulations
● At least one year of demonstrated emergency disaster response or disaster risk reduction experience
|[How to Apply]||Please submit the following documents via email in Japanese :
● CV in Japanese and English (photo attached) (履歴書)
Please reference ”Field Coordinator (USAID)” in the subject line of your email
||Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview|
|[Application Deadline]||Friday, September 25, 2020
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Application process will close when the position is filled.
|[Contact Information]|| 〒720-1622 広島県神石郡神石高原町近田 1161-2 2F
Tel: 0847-89-0885 Fax: 0847-82-2949
2020.09.16活動報告【ケニア】若者グループが ISSB技術を使って住宅景観を変える Part 2 ～ホルムッド...
2020.09.16活動報告【ケニア】若者グループが ISSB技術を使って住宅景観を変える～Part 1ダダーブスター...
2020.09.11求人情報Field Coordinator (USAID)【Deadline：September ...