VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT_Fund Raising Manager [Close applications on 30th Sep]
POSITION: FUND RAISING MANAGER
LOCATION: NAIROBI, KENYA
Peace Winds Japan (PWJ) – Kenya opened the office in Nairobi in 2012 and has been supporting refugees from neighbouring countries in Dadaab and Kakuma Refugee Camps in Kenya providing shelters and latrines funded by the Japanese Government and UN Agencies such as UNHCR, UNHabitat, UNICEF, IOM. We are planning to expand our program to the host communities as well to develop sustainable integration of both refugee and host communities in Dadaab and Kakuma region. In order to seek various possibilities, PWJ – Kenya is interested in recruiting a “Fund Raising Manager” for both Dadaab and Kakuma refugee operation. The position requires the following responsibility to undertake.
- To introduce the activities of PWJ – Kenya to UN agencies, potential donors and the relevant stakeholders seeking opportunities of funding
- Responsible for fundraising for projects locally and internationally
- To collect necessary and valuable information from all stakeholders for planning projects
- To work closely with Head of Mission in Nairobi in creating projects
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development or Peace Building
- At least 10 years of relevant experience of which at least three (3) years of working in African countries
- Ability to communicate fluently both in Japanese and English language especially in written and spoken
- High communication ability
- Demonstrate ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment
- Working experience with Japanese and/or Japanese NGOs/companies are asset
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your application and CV to email@example.com no later than 30 September 2018. Only shortlisted candidates are contacted.